Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Bathing Beauty lll, & Reflected Light

This is the third of this little set. I dig this one as a small work, but I don't think I'll be going any larger with this one. Other than the drama of reflected light on the shower door, I don't think it's something needing to be expounded on canvas. Some things are just what they are meant to be, and I feel this is one of them. The posting from yesterday is another matter all together. Beauty ll needs to grow considerably. There are few, but worthy, elements I can develop adding quite a bit to the conversation.
If my projects were living breathing entities, I imagine them all women standing in line outside my studio door waiting for employment. At times this fills me with anxiety, at others, great optimism. When it is an anxious image, is when I've gone too far ahead of myself. I've begun to count the hours in the future and weighed them against my doubtfull flesh. The optimist is so different. Not worried over the minutes or hours of the day, she looks out her window at the ladies lined up, each one eager to be next, and she giggles with the excitement of creation that stretches out ahead of her! She knows there is no end in sight, her lifetime and beyond will be spent with these women. Today I'm wearing her dress, the optimist's. I dig her style.

No comments: