Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Goodness, it's been a while!







It sure has. Not in vain though, this silence has been a much needed, fruitful time. Artistically and spiritually I feel my artist within me has grown. Let me share with you what I've been reading and practicing, and what I largely attribute this time of creative clarity to. One book is Julia Cameron's book, "Walking in this world." After reading and taking the twelve week journey with her book, "The Artists Way," almost a year ago, I felt it was time to try her next book designed for the Artist looking for their creative path, "Walking In This World." I'm glad I did. The other book is by Sonia Choquette, "Your Heart's Desire." An amazing, practical guide to, well, "your Heart's Desire! Going between these two books daily has been a spirit lifting storm, polarizing what I want for my life going forward with beliefs and ideas that I've adopted over a lifetime of what I'm worthy of, what someone else says I am going to have, etc. Through both, I've answered a few spiritually puzzling questions as well as gained clarity about this artistic path I am on.


In between chapters I've been at the easel. Completing the old masters approach to the portrait (some significant technical growth there my people), and toggling between a couple other paintings. I'll try to have snaps of all of them at their various stages for you, and, as always, feel free to leave a comment.

No comments: