Thursday, September 2, 2010


Well aren't I the chatty one this week:) As I mentioned in my last post, a good book is a treasure! This is one I picked up at a local used book store, and yep, in black and white, and with some lovely examples, are some solutions to my skin tone dilemma! Now don't get all pedantic about the title. The portrait is in acrylic and the book is for oil painters, blah, blah, blah. No problem. There is sound universal wisdom in these pages! I find this to be true of so many painting books and mags. Ahh, and here is another tidbit. Check out your local thrift store and used book store before you buy new. I have walked out of thrift stores with books in GREAT condition for a fraction of what it would cost in a bookstore, or even amazon (although I do love me some amazon)! Seriously, I do routine sweeps of thrift stores closest to me, and I swear, books I wouldn't have spent the thirty to eighty bucks for have been sitting on the shelf of my local goodwill for FIVE DOLLARS!!! You can't beat it.
Okay, so I'm on to employ some problem solving. Rock on good people!

No comments: