Monday, June 7, 2010

Creative hiccough?

brain fart? creative hiccough? artistic pot hole? I don't know how to describe it, but since this past weekend, I've been creatively "off." Not sure what exactly to account it to. In our day to day it can be anything, I know this. I have all the makings for at least a month+ of creative exuberance, yet upon my easel sits a 30x40 size canvas with only placement markings??? Worse, I'm indecisive about how to begin to undo this .. what? this creative snafu? Actually experiencing it at the moment, it seems more appropriately termed a creative "depression," but now I'm just being narrow about it. Anyway, just as important is how to get myself out of this space and into a better one that allows me creative freedom. Where to begin? Hang out with the kids (my favorite creative passtime). Perhaps I'll clean my studio space. Go for a walk. Go for a walk with my camera - getting better already. Do all of the afore mentioned and then take a nap?!?! hmmmm. I'll let you know how this turns out. Any ideas? Please send them:)

No comments: