Sunday, May 23, 2010

"Cretia" in progress



Maaaan, I had the best week. I painted, read, went thrifting, hooked up with friends, took naps! I was living the dream baby;) Seriously, the only thing that was missing from my staycation was the ocean!

This is my progress on "Cretia." I still have quite a bit of fiddling to do, but I'm very happy with the way it's coming along. I love her simplicity, and the symbolism I'm able to work into this piece. She's such a Mama sitting there, surrounded by the things she loves, barefoot, hair thrown up, the years sitting on her face. There are a couple of other details I'll be adding that will remark her life experience as well.

I worked on a couple others that I will post later this week too. It was great fun going back and forth between acrylic and oil! I'm really digging the different qualities of both medium.

Now, to try and get back in the groove of my schedule - aaaggghhh!

1 comment:

Campbell Jane said...

Seriously this looks like my
Aunt Cora! I love how all of your paintings create a mood or a memory. Glad you had a nice week!
Peace & Love